LISLE AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
2014 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
The Lisle Area Chamber of Commerce awards scholarships of $500 to high school students graduating in 2014. Awards are based on several considerations that include academic achievement, community involvement, and need.
- Applicants must either have an immediate family member who belongs to the Lisle Area Chamber of Commerce (individually or through corporate affiliation), or they must have a Lisle mailing address.
- Applicants must plan to attend a technical or trade school, business college, or a two- or four-year college or university.
- The application packet must be fully and legibly completed.
- The application packet must be received at the Lisle Area Chamber of Commerce office (1111 Burlington Avenue, Suite 102, Lisle, IL 60532) by 4:00 p.m. on April 11, 2014. The Lisle Area Chamber of Commerce assumes no responsibility for application packets left outside of our normal business hours (9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday;
9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Friday, excluding holidays).
APPLICATION PACKET COMPONENTS
- 2014 Scholarship Application, Sections 1-8
- One copy of high school transcript (see Section 2)
- Two signed letters of recommendation (see Section 8)
Year of Graduation:
Home Phone Number:
Name and company of immediate family member who belongs to the Chamber:
Please provide the following information.
Section 1: Autobiographical Summary
Provide a written autobiography in up to 300 words.
Section 2: Academic Record
a) Indicate your cumulative grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale:
b) Indicate your grade point average for the last semester on 4.0 scale:
Note: Attach an up-to-date copy of your transcript.
Section 3: Need
a) Why do you need this scholarship?
b) List other scholarships applied for.
c) What amount of money have you been awarded to date?
d) What school do you plan or hope to attend?
e) Have you been accepted to this school? (yes/no/don’t know yet)
f) What is the tuition for one year?
g) How many people in your immediate family will attend college in the coming year?
Section 4: Career Goals
a) What is your intended major?
b) Why have you have chosen this major?
c) What are your career plans?
Section 5: Extracurricular Activities
a) List any high school-related extracurricular activities in which you have participated.
b) List any extracurricular activities not related to high school.
Section 6: Community Service
a) List any volunteer activities that you participate in related to community service.
b) How do you plan to be involved in community service in the future?
Section 7: Employment
What paying jobs have you held while in high school? Please identify whether you held these jobs during the school year or as summer jobs.
Section 8: Letters of Recommendation
Enclose two signed letters of recommendation from two different adults:
1) Someone on staff at your high school
2) Someone else in your life, excluding your high school or family
Thank you for submitting this application.